Library Status: Closed
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community the Lafayette Library will remain closed to the public, and all events canceled, until further notice.
- For City and local updates, and many COVID-19 resources, visit the City of Lafayette COVID-19 page
- All City Alerts (which include the Library) appear at the top of each page.
- Taxpayer info: https://www.irs.gov
How to Reach Us
- Contact us online or leave a message at 303-661-5200. Staff will monitor phone message and emails and reply as time permits.
- Meeting room refunds: all room bookings have been canceled for March 13 - April 30; later bookings may still be canceled should the closure continue. All affected customers will be notified. To obtain a refund for any rooms already paid for, please fill out this form: https://cityoflafayette.com/libraryspacerefund
Stay Updated: News, Virtual Events & More
- Calendar (including online events and reading challenges): https://cityoflafayette.com/librarycalendar
- Tip: Filter by Type to see just Online events
- Website: https://cityoflafayette.com/library
- Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Beanstack: website used to track any active reading challenges: https://cityoflafayette.com/beanstack
- Blog (updated daily: virtual author storytime links, reading challenges, book reviews, and more!): https://cityoflafayette.com/libraryblog
- Online Library Portal: https://cityoflafayette.com/libraryonline
- Catalog/Account (includes downloadable and physical content): https://cityoflafayette.com/librarycatalog
Using the Library Online
Learn about all online resources available to you 24/7 from our Download portal: https://cityoflafayette.com/libraryonline
- Use Overdrive/Libby to download ebooks and audio (Instant cards are available for Overdrive online)
Watch virtual storybooks or do math tutorials (available through August 30th; no Library card needed)
Magazines & Newspapers
- RBDigital for emagazines: Make a free account using our link: https://cityoflafayette.com/RBDigital | More information
- Boulder Daily Camera - new articles added daily; does not include images or wire service content
- New York Times: https://cityoflafayette.com/nyt
- Redeem code (every 3 days as needed) > when prompted, use choices to either log into existing account or make a new one (at https://nytimes.com) Tip: have browser remember password to speed up process each time you redeem code: you only need to make your NY Times account once.
- Lafayette History and Historical Newspapers
Other Popular Resources & Homework Tools
- All: A-Z List or By Topic
- Homework Help: view all
We look forward to reopening the building as soon as we’re able to safely do so; thank you for your patience.
- Melissa Hisel, Library Director
- Monday, March 30, 2020 Show more dates
- All Day Event
- Lafayette Library